Programme Educational Objectives:
- To produce graduates in Biotechnology with strong technical competence in Bioscience, technology, engineering and management.
- To develop team work and awareness amongst students towards the importance of multidisciplinary approach for problem solving skills in Biotechnology.
- To develop trained human resourcei n Biotechnology to promote quality education and to initiate lifelong learning process for productive career
- To generate potential knowledge pools with interpersonal and collaborative skills to identify,assess and formulate problems and execute the solution in closely related biological industries.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints, such as, economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Graduates are trained to maintain the green catalysts philosophy with sustainability of various environmental resources.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to function in multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to communicate effectively
- An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering principles and apply these to manage projects work
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
Post Graduate Programmes:
Programme Educational Objectives:
- Students will acquire necessary knowledge and skills in the frontier areas of Biotechnology.
- Students will think critically and creatively about the use of biotechnology to address local and global problems.
- Students will be able to implement the engineering principles to biological systems for development of industrial applications, as well as entrepreneurship skills to start biotech industries.
Student will be able to
- Acquire in-depth knowledge in Biotechnology with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyse and synthesise existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge.
- Analyse complex biotechnology problems critically, apply independent judgement for synthesising information to make intellectual and or creative advances for conducting research in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Think originally, conceptualise and solve Biotechnology problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise.
- Extract information through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyse and interpret data, demonstrate higher order skill and view things in a broader perspective, contribute individually or in group(s) to the development of scientific or technological knowledge in one or more domains of Biotechnology.
- Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern instrumentation to complex Biotechnological activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of group dynamics, recognise opportunities and contribute positively to collaborative-multidisciplinary scientific research, demonstrate a capacity for self-management and teamwork, objectivity and rational analysis in order to achieve common goals and further the learning of themselves as well as others.
- Manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively with Biotech community, and with society at large, with confidently and effectively, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation by adhering to appropriate standards, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback