The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is dedicated to the current needs of industry with the flexibility to tune its programmes according to different requirements. Application of new technology in various fields is one of the main focuses in the activities of the department. Department of EEE has recently received grants amounting to Rs. 2.7 Crore from UGC, DST, AICTE,CDAC, TEQIP etc. to strengthen the research facility for the development in design and development of lightning protection system etc. The domain of Smart Grid, Energy Efficient Electrical Motor Drives, Department of EEE has MoUs with University of Padova, Italy and with other Industries.
To become an internationally recognized center of excellence in academics, research and technological services in the area of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and related inter-disciplinary fields.
- Imparting strong fundamental concepts to students and motivate them to find innovative solutions to engineering problems independently.
- Developing engineers with managerial attributes capable of applying appropriate technology with responsibility.
- Creation of congenial atmosphere and ample research facilities for undertaking quality research to achieve national and international recognition by faculty and students.
- To strive for internationally recognized publication of research papers, books and to obtain patent and copyrights.
- To provide excellent technological services to industry for the benefit of society.
The Department has a B.Tech. Programme in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
The Department offers Masters of Technology in Electrical Engineering with three different specializations, namely Control Systems, Power Systems and Power Electronics.
Currently a number of Ph.D. scholars are working in the areas of non-stationary signal analysis, intelligent control techniques applied to automatic generation control and non-linear dynamic systems, development of new architecture for neural networks, phasor measurement units, wide area monitoring system (WAMS), image processing, smart grid etc.
Research at Department of EEE
Click : Available Area for Research in EEE Department
Team of Faculty & Research at Department of EEE
Dr. R.C Jha
Professor and Head
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
Jharkhand - 835 215
Phone: 0651-2275465, 2275444 (Extn. 4411)