BIT, Mesra ranked 07th by National Institutional Ranking Framework, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in category of Pharmacy (Research and Teaching)
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology was established in 1972 at BIT Mesra and is a robust scientific community with highly qualified and competent faculties, postgraduate students, research fellows and visiting scientists. The Department is well equipped with state of the art infrastructural facilities for teaching and research.
The Department encourages and supports studies involving a range of research strategies which are supported by various national and international funding agencies like UGC, AICTE, DRDO, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR, DST, BMBF (Germany), UGC-UKIERI etc. The Department also has collaboration with Institute of Biochemistry, University of Luebeck, Germany; Laboratoire Architecture et Fonction des Macromelécules Biologiques, Départment de Viologie Structurale et Drug Design, Marseille Cedex 09 France; De Montfort University, Leicester, UK and Department of Crystallography and Biophysics, University of Madras, Chennai, India for research in the area of antiviral agents.
Young Faculties are also supported for post doctoral research abroad. A few Faculties have also been on the panel of invited speakers at international conferences, held in USA, Singapore, Germany, Austria and UK.
Vision of Department
To become a centre of excellence in teaching and research for creating technical manpower to meet the technological needs in the area of healthcare system contributing towards socio-economic development of the country.
Mission of Department
- To develop state of the art education and research at undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels in different areas of pharmaceutical sciences and technology.
- To provide excellent infrastructural facilities to strengthen research and development activities.
- To extend proper academic guidance and career counselling to students in order to bridge the gap between academia and industry as per needs of the society.
- To develop effective pedagogical and research potential among the faculties.
- To create pharmaceutical knowledge pool with innovative, ethical and leadership qualities to serve the cause of the society
- To promote collaboration with academia, industries and research organizations at national and international levels in the areas of mutual interests.
Programs Offered at a glance
The Department conducts four-year undergraduate programme (B. Pharm.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences. The courses are recognized by the UGC, Pharmacy Council of India and AICTE.
The Department two-year postgraduate programme (M. Pharm.) with specialization in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Research.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Technology offers doctoral programmes in all disciplines. The Department has modern and sophisticated laboratory and workshop facilities for this purpose.
Standard Inspection Format (S.I.F): SIF/2014/100743
Dr. B. N. Sinha
Professor & Head
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Technology
Birla Institute of Technology
Mesra, Ranchi - 835 215 Jharkhand
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org