The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology is celebrating Golden Jubilee year was established in 1972 at BIT Mesra and is a robust scientific community with highly qualified and competent faculties, postgraduate students, research fellows and visiting scientists. The Department is well equipped with state of the art infrastructural facilities for teaching and research.
The Department encourages and supports studies involving a range of research strategies which are supported by various national and international funding agencies like UGC, AICTE, DRDO, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR, DST, BMBF (Germany), UGC-UKIERI etc. The Department also has collaboration with Institute of Biochemistry, University of Luebeck, Germany; Laboratoire Architecture et Fonction des Macromelécules Biologiques, Départment de Viologie Structurale et Drug Design, Marseille Cedex 09 France; De Montfort University, Leicester, UK and University of Turin, Italy, Department of Crystallography and Biophysics, University of Madras, Chennai, India for research in the area of antiviral agents.
Young Faculties are also supported for post doctoral research abroad. A few Faculties have also been on the panel of invited speakers at international conferences, held in USA, Singapore, Germany, Austria and UK.
To become a Centre of Excellence in teaching and research for creating technical manpower to meet the technological needs in the area of healthcare system contributing towards socio-economic development of the country.
- To develop state of the art education and research at undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels in different areas of pharmaceutical sciences and technology.
- To provide excellent infrastructural facilities to strengthen research and development activities.
- To extend proper academic guidance and career counseling to students in order to bridge the gap between academia and industry as per needs of the society.
- To develop effective pedagogical and research potential among the faculties.
- To create pharmaceutical knowledge pool with innovative, ethical and leadership qualities to serve the cause of the society
- To promote collaboration with academia, industries and research organizations at national and international levels in the areas of mutual interests.
Programmes offered at a glance
The Department conducts four-year undergraduate programme (B. Pharm.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences. The courses are recognized by the UGC, Pharmacy Council of India and AICTE.
The Department two-year postgraduate programme (M. Pharm.) with specialization in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy and Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Technology offers doctoral programmes in all disciplines. The Department has modern and sophisticated laboratory and workshop facilities for this purpose.
Accreditations and Affiliations
BIT, Mesra is NAAC A Grade Accredited and holding 12B status of UGC. We ranked 28th in Overall by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2023, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in category of Pharmacy. B. Pharm. Programme is Accreditated by NBA for Six Years (2017-18 to 2022-23) and all programmes are approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
Dr. (Mrs.) Papiya Mitra Mazumder / डॉ. (श्रीमती) पापिया मित्रा मजूमदार
Professor & Head / प्रोफेसर और प्रमुख
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Technology / फार्मास्युटिकल विज्ञान और प्रौद्योगिकी विभाग
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra / बिरला प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान, मेसरा
Ranchi - 835 215 (Jharkhand) INDIA / राँची - 835 215 (झारखंड) भारत
Phone: 0651-2276247, 2275896 (Extn. 4423)
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org