Overview Internship opportunities at department
Department of Chemistry was established in 1955, offers undergraduate, postgraduate & Ph.D. programmes in chemistry. The Department has received support under “Fund for Improvement in Science & Technology Infrastructure” (FIST-2012) programme of the Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi for NMR and Computational Chemistry facility. The Department is actively involved in promoting environmental awareness amongst the tribal and rural population in Jharkhand.The Department is committed to high quality research programmes supported by UGC, DBT, CSIR, AICTE, UNICEF and World Bank in major thrust areas like Fuels & Energy, Nonlinear Chemical Dynamics, Frontal Polymerization, Electrochemical Machining, Organic and Molecular Synthesis, Environmetal controls and monitoring, Nanotechnology and Computational Chemistry.
To become a recognized centre of excellence for teaching, research and innovations and make significant contribution for producing academic professionals and entrepreneurs in frontier area of chemical sciences.
- To impart quality education and fundamental concepts of chemical sciences to students & scholars through our state of art laboratory, teaching and research facilities
- Building a scientific environment and motivation towards innovation with quality research in chemical sciences and interdisciplinary areas
Program Educational Objectives
- To impart high quality education and research to develop future academicians, scientists and technocrats for national needs
- To nurture professional graduates to develop capability in analysing real life problems of chemical sciences
- To foster attitude towards continuous learning for improving the talents for research, academia and industry
- To improve professional skills for achieving the academic goal
- 2 year M.Sc. in Chemistry
- 5 years Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry
- Ability to explore knowledge in solving the practical problems of chemical science independently
- Ability to compete national level Tests such as UGC-CSIR NET, GATE, etc., for higher studies and research
- Ability to explore academic acquaintancyat par with global standards
- Comprehending the technological challenges and advancements in the subject of chemistry through continuous learning process
- An ability to write and present problems and findings their solution through scientific approaches
- The Department is equipped with state - of - art instruments and research facility to meet the requirement of modern day chemistry
- The Department has aunique research facility of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, 400 MHz, JEOL which fulfil the requirements of solution-state analytical needs for both students and researchers.
- Advanced equipment such as AUTOLAB workstation, Electrochemical Analyzer (CHI),Microwave Reactor,UV/VIS/NIR Spectrophotometer, Solar Simulator, Rotational Viscometer, Ultra Low Immersion Chiller, Digital Osmometer, XYT Chart Recorder, Millipore, Refractometrer, Ultra Low etc., are available for training and research.
- Department has a computational lab facility for conducting training and research in the area of theoretical and computational chemistry.
Dr. Ashoke Sharon
Associate Professor & Head
Department of Chemistry
BIT Mesra , Ranchi
Pin-code : 835215