The Student chapter of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE), BIT Mesra started from August, 2013 under the support of the local regional center in Calcutta. Now, our student chapter is under IIT(ISM)-Dhanbad regional center.
“Coalescence” is the Annual Technical Symposium organized by the Department of Chemical Engineering BIT Mesra, Ranchi started from 2015 onwards. Earlier, it only comprised departmental activities but now it has grown to be a bigger chemical engineering fest involving a plethora of events.
The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) provides a platform to Indian Chemical & Allied Industry, Academia & Research for continuous education, professional excellence, networking and attaining global recognition. The IIChE activities are spread across the country through its 38 Regional Centres and 58 Student Chapters. The IIChE Students' Chapter at BIT Mesra is actively involved in promoting and complementing the activities and objectives of the Institute within its territorial limits by organizing meetings, seminars, and conferences; arranging workshops, refresher courses and counselling sessions; and initiating any other activities which are of social, technical and professional relevance to its members.
Activities of IICHE BIT Mesra Chapter
The activities of the Students’ Chapter specifically includes the following :
1. Lectures, Film shows and Video shows related to the Chemical Engineering Education and Profession.
2. Seminars, Workshops, Group Discussion and Debates and to promote interaction of the Institute with Industry.
3. Book Banks for the use of its Members.
4. Excursions and Plant Visits of interest to the Student Chemical Engineers.
5. Assistance and guidance for Student Chemical Engineers in their career planning and placement.
6. Assistance for any other activities of social, technical and educational interest to Student Chemical Engineers
Executive Body Members
Newsletter 2017, Newsletter 2016
IICHE Report 2018, IICHE Report 2018