- R.S. Pant, Professor, Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Bombay on "Planetary Exploration using Lighter than Air Systems" (9 February 2020)
- Padmashri M. Chandradathan, Scientific Advisor, Chief Minister of Kerala, Former Director SDSC, VSSC, and our Distinguished Alumni on "Manufacturing of Large Solid Boosters" (11 November 2019)
- Padmashri Prof. R. M. Vasagam, Chancellor, Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai on "Small Satellite Missions" (3 May 2019)
- Dr. L. Venkatakrishnan, Chief Scientist & Head, Experimental Aerodynamics Division NAL, Bangalore on "Wind Tunnel Measurement - Modern Measurement Techniques" (5 April 2019)
- Lt. Gen. (Dr.) V. J. Sundaram, PVSM, AVSM, VSM (Retd.), National Design and Research Forum Bangalore on "Indian Missile Programme" (15 September 2018)
- Prof. J. Cohen, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology on "Research activities at Wind Tunnel Complex of Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology - An overview" (14 August 2018)
- Shri Dalton Maurya, Scientist E, Combustion Group GTRE Bangalore on "GTRE's Efforts in the design & development of military gas turbine engines, allied technologies and boron based JP-10 slurry fuel" (16 April 2019)
- Dr. Nandan Kumar Sinha, Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT,Madras on "Loss-of-control analysis and recovery control design for aircraft" (15 April 2019)
- Dr. S. Vengadesan, Professor, Fluid Mechanics Group, Department of Applied Mechanics IIT Madras on "Turbulent flows and modelling" (8 March 2019)
- Dr. Sathesh Mariappan, Associate Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering IIT Kanpur on "Flame-intrinsic thermoacoustic instabilities in partially premixed turbulent combustors" (19 February 2019)
- Dr. Venugopal Arumuru, Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical Sciences, IIT Bhubaneswar on "Steering and focusing of jets" (30 July 2018)
Conferences Organized by the Department
- 32nd National Convention of Aerospace Engineers. National Seminar on Advances in Aerospace Sciences and Technologies. October 27 — 28, 2018. (Jointly with Institution of Engineers (India), Jharkhand State Center)
- 25th National Convention of Aerospace Engineers “Indian Aerospace Programmes : Technological Challenges beyond 2020”, November 04 -05, 2011.
- Twenty Second national Convention of Aerospace Engineers & National Seminar on Present Status and Technological Challenges of Indian Aerospace Programme, Nov 27 – 29, 2008.
- 34th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, Dec 10 – 12, 2007.
- National Seminar on Recent Advances in Energy Systems & Combustion Processes, Feb 14 – 16, 2007.
- Short Term Course and Workshop on Compressible Internal Flows, Jan 15 – 19, 2007.
- Aerospace Conclave and National Workshop on Emerging Trends in Aerospace Engineering and Rocketry, Apr 18 – 20, 2005.
- Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on “Advances in Aerospace Engineering and Rocket Propulsion” June 28 – July 10, 2004.
Visits of Distinguished Persons
We have been benefited to the utmost by the wisdom, encouragement, and invaluable advice from our distinguished visitors. We are fortunate to have hosted the stalwarts of Indian space, defense, and nuclear programs and national leadership.