The Central Instrumentation Facility, at BIT Mesra, has been created with an objective of providing a central facility of latest and advanced analytical techniques for research in various areas of science and technology. It houses several highly sophisticated and modern analytical equipments offering its users, a wide range of analytical methods/techniques for chemical/material analysis/testing/characterization enabling them to keep pace with developments taking place globally, publish their research findings in peer reviewed high impact factor journals and through their concerted efforts contribute to the upliftment of the society at large.This facility is extensively used by undergraduate, post graduate, doctoral students and faculty members. The facility is also extended to external organizations mainly academic institutions in the country, on chargeable basis. The facilities are availed by approximately 1500 internal users and 500 external users annually. This facility is also used for organizing short term courses/ workshops on the use and application of various instruments and analytical techniques.
Objectives of the CIF :
- To carry out analysis of samples received from faculty members of the institute, other academic institutions and industries.
- To provide facilities of modern analytical instruments to students and researchers enabling them to keep pace with developments taking place globally, publish their research findings in peer reviewed high impact factor journals and through their concerted efforts, contribute to the upliftment of the society at large.
- To acquire and develop capability for preventive maintenance and repair of the high end instruments.
- To organize short term courses/workshops on the use and application of various instruments and analytical techniques.
- To train technicians for maintenance and operation of sophisticated instruments.