Ref. NO. GO/QQ/IMC/21-22/1420 08th June 2021
BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MESRA RANCHI
Institute Media Cell is hereby constituted as under:
a) Coordinator Mr. Mrinal Pathak Asst. Professor (Dept. of Architecture)
1. Dr. Kirti Avishek Asso. Professor (Dept. of Civil & Env. Engineering)
2. Dr. Priyank Saxena Asst. Professor (Dept. of Electrical & Communication Engg.)
3. Dr. Abhisek Jana Asst. Professor (Dept. of HMCT)
4. Dr. Smriti Mishra Asst. Professor (Dept. of Architecture)
5. Mr. Apurv Ashish Asst. Professor (Dept. of Architecture)
6. Mr. Pramod Kumar System Administrator (Mechanical Engineering)
7. Mr. Prabhat Pankaj Asst. Placement Officer (T &P)
8. Mr. Munajir Hawari Operator (Information & Comm. Technology Cell)
c) Members in Advison : Role
1. Prof. Sudip Das Dean of Admission & Academic Coordinator
2. Col. Sukhpal Singh Registrar
3. Dr. Joyjeet Ghose Asso. Professor & Head (Dept. of Production Engineering)
Scope of the Media Cell
a) Building and executing social media strategy through competitive and audience research.
b) Setting up and optimizing Institute pages with each social media platform.
c) To attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users
d) Gradually achieve superior audience engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media to implement branding roadmap.
e) Develop understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content, so that it is engaging on those channels.
f) Responding to relevant conversations on behalf of the Institute and brand building by providing support to current and prospective Audience.
g) Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
h) Design and implement social media strategy to align with branding goals.
i) Set specific objectives and report on Return on Investment (ROJ).
j) Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g., original text, photos, videos and news).
k) Monitor SEQ and web traffic metrics.
l) Collaborate with other teams/clubs, departments of Admission, Academics, Faculty Affairs and Student Activities to ensure brand consistency.
m) Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor audience reviews.
n) Oversee social media accounts' design (e.g., Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
0) Suggest and implement new.features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
p) Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
q) The cell manages the media relations of the institute and keeps the media updated with the happenings at the institute. This primarily involves covering various events of the college, preparing press releases and ensuring that each and every event of the college gets its due media coverage.
r) The cell provides content for periodically updating the institute's website. This includes regular updates on achievements of the institute/students, alumni network, events and other happenings.
s) The Cell also shall get involved in various events through-out the Academic Year as well as the annual festival, including BITOTSA (Alumni Meet) and all other Societies/ Clubs (18 Nos.) of the Institute organizes various activities/ team events focused on frequent student interactions like, Quiz, Dance/Music/ Painting Competitions, and many other fun events.
This bears the approval of Competent Authority.