Leading The Future
An unquenchable thirst for innovation and disruption; a rich legacy of technology and entrepreneurship; and a commitment to nurturing leaders who make a difference to the world has been the credo of BIT Mesra in the nearly six decades of its existence.
It has many firsts to its credit. It was the first in the country to establish a department dedicated to Space Engineering & Rocketry way back in 1964. It was also the first to develop a Science & Technology Entrepreneurs’ Park (BIT-STEP), on campus to instill the spirit of entrepreneurship in its students. Today, it is a vibrant place, bustling with student activities and innovative teaching methods that make it home to thousands of aspiring leaders of tomorrow.
To become a Globally Recognised Academic Institution in consonance with the social, economic and ecological environment, striving continuously for excellence in education, research, and technological service to the National needs.
- To educate students at Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, and Post-Doctoral levels to perform challenging engineering and managerial jobs in industry.
- To provide excellent research and development facilities to take up Ph.D. programmes and research projects.
- To develop effective teaching learning skills and state of art research potential of the faculty.
- To build national capabilities in technology, education, and research in emerging areas.
- To provide excellent technological services to satisfy the requirements of the industry and overall academic needs of society.