The Department of Physics (previously known as Department of Applied Physics) has played a pivotal role in the institute. A gamut of very motivated, well qualified and talented faculty is actively engaged in teaching as well as research.They have their credit, numerous research publications and several R&D projects.
The Research areas of Faculties are as follows:
1. Microstrip Antennas and Arrays, Broadband, Ultra-Wideband, Super Ultra-Wideband Antennas and RF communication technology.
2. Plasma Physics, Industrial Plasma Application.
3. Plasma Nitriding and Surface Coatings
Vision of the Department
The vision of the department is to achieve excellence in undergraduate education and research for scholarly inquiry and development of new knowledge.
Mission of the Department
- To train the students to be lifelong learners who will contribute to the creation of new knowledge, new technology, and innovation through excellence in research in emerging areas. To educate students to be the future leaders in science, technology, industry, education and other professions and succeed in a globally competitive environment
- To create national and international collaborations for research engagement in strategic areas of research
- To provide beneficial service to local, state, national and international communities
Government funded R & D Projects:
- Project title: Studies of High Z impurity behavior using VUV spectral emissions from the tokamaks in IPR.
Funding Agency: BRNS, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India
Sanctioned Grant: 21 Lakhs
Status: Ongoing (April 2017 - March 2019
P.I. : Dr. Anand Kumar Srivastava
Dr. Dheeraj Bhardwaj
In-Charge, Department of Physics
BIT- Mesra, Jaipur Campus