The department is engaged in the following focused research areas.
1. Plasma Science and Technology: Atmosppheic pressure glow discharge, DBD sources, Plasma medicine, Plasma nitiding, Impurity transport in tokamak plasma
2. Material characterization processes: SEM, XRD, Optical microscopy
3. Micro-strip Antenna designs: Microstrip Antennas and Arrays, Broadband, Ultra-Wideband, Super Ultra-Wideband Antennas and RF communication technology.
Ongoing Research project:
Project title: Studies of High Z impurity behavior using VUV spectral emissions from the tokamaks in IPR.
Funding Agency: BRNS, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India
Sanctioned Grant: 20.3 Lakhs
Conference/workshop organized by the department
- IAEA International Workshop on Challenges in Plasma Spectroscopy for Future Research Machines (CPS-08), 20-22 February, 2008.
- One day workshop on Environment Friendly Plasma Nitriding Process for Surface Hardening of Industrial Components (Commemoration of National Science Day in Rajasthan), 11 May 2008.