List of Registered students
Syllabus & Course Structure
Course Structure(CBCS- wef 2023 batch onwards)
Syllabus(3rd to 6th Semester)(2018-2022 batch)
To emerge as a leading technical training institution in the country and serve the nation and engineering profession with distinction by developing the most skilled human resources with comprehensive and modern training and skillsets in selected engineering disciplines and trades.
- To administer a technical training institute of highest standard of education and training commensurate with modern engineering practices.
- To offer technical diploma and certificate courses to cater to contemporary demand and relevance to the engineering industry.
- To adopt and implement modern curriculum of technical education and training.
- To continuously upgrade the infrastructure necessary for practical training with new and contemporary machines and methods.
- To arrange on job training and internships for the students and staff members with proper supervision.
- To liaise with industry for internship and collaboration, and also for arranging periodic reviews of infrastructure and training methods and modernizing teaching and training curriculum.
- To create special program for the youth of the State of Jharkhand to help them acquire entrepreneurial and managerial skills, manufacturing capability, career advancement training and professional confidence.
Computer Hardware & Networking Lab
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs):
Diploma holders of the Computer Engineering Program will be able to:
1. Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and Electronics and Communication engineering to solve the engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
3. Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
4. Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate techniques to conduct standard tests and measurements.
5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability, and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
7. Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Department of Computer Engineering
To produce competent, committed and confident professionals and entrepreneurs with a zeal to excel in the field of Computer Engineering and also, lead the society in its path of technological, economical and social development, by imparting quality technical education and extensive exposure to the latest trends in the field.
- To impart technical knowledge and practical skills in Computer Engineering - including hardware, software, and networking concepts, to the students through effective teaching and learning methodologies.
- To equip students with problem solving skills and knowledge in the domain of Computer Engineering as per the requirements of the computer industry and also the needs of the modern society.
- To enhance educational experience of our students and foster innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of Computer Engineering.
- To cultivate a strong work ethics and professionalism among students, along with good communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams.
- To maintain pace with the developments in the software industry through industry collaboration and regular faculty training.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (PSOs):
Students are expected to:
- Acquire sound subject knowledge in computer engineering fundamentals as well as advanced subjects like Data Structures, Databases, Data Communication and Networks, Web Technology and Internet of things etc., that could also be supportive in pursuing higher studies.
- Develop good programming and problem solving skills on most of the modern programming languages and paradigms, along with Software Engineering practices, preparing them to work productively as a software developer.
- Gain Provide adequate hands-on in specific areas like web development, multimedia and animation, computer hardware diagnostics and setting up computer networks, mainly preparing them for entrepreneurial ventures.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
- To prepare students with sound technical knowledge and practical skills in various domains of computer engineering, who are confident in accepting challenges and apply their knowledge to solve them.
- To develop creativity and entrepreneurial skills in students, enabling them to venture into development of new products or services in the field of computer engineering.
- To foster in them a culture of lifelong learning, by equipping them with strong concepts in Computer Engineering, enabling them to pursue advanced degrees and professional development opportunities.
The Department of Computer Engineering was established in the year 2004. This 3 years Diploma Program is meant for students who have passed the 10th standard. In an outstanding education environment complemented by superior teaching for its students to flourish in the program, the major areas of teaching include Algorithms, Operating Systems, Data Structures, Computer Architecture & Organization, Image Processing, RDBMS, Microprocessor, Systems Analysis, and Design of Computer Networks, Graphics, Computer Maintenance, Internet of things, etc.
Close interaction with the industry has led to the evolution of a teaching system, which produces diligent and erudite engineers. The students get exposure to various aspects of computer hardware, software, and practical handling of computers.
The aim of the Diploma Course is to strive for excellence in creating, applying, and imparting knowledge in Diploma in computer engineering through comprehensive educational programs and service to professional societies, the community, and the Nation.
The department has highly qualified & dynamic staff to motivate the students through mini-projects & competitions. The exhaustive course has been designed to meet the demands of the current trend in the IT industry.
There are four laboratories with well-equipped 155 computers with the latest software & hardware. The campus has Wi-Fi facilities that help students to search for information through the Internet anytime and from anywhere on the campus. Some of the major laboratories for a Diploma in Computer Engineering are:
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Networks
- Programming Laboratory(C, C++, JAVA, .NET etc)
- Database Lab
- Web Technology