To emerge as a leading technical training institution in the country and serve the nation and engineering profession with distinction by developing the most skilled human resources with comprehensive and modern training and skillsets in selected engineering disciplines and trades.
- To administer a technical training institute of highest standard of education and training commensurate with modern engineering practices.
- To offer technical diploma and certificate courses to cater to contemporary demand and relevance to the engineering industry.
- To adopt and implement a modern curriculum of technical education and training.
- To continuously upgrade the infrastructure necessary for practical training with new and contemporary machines and methods.
- To arrange job training and internships for the students and staff members with proper supervision.
- To liaise with industry for internship and collaboration, and also for arranging periodic reviews of infrastructure and training methods and modernizing teaching and training curriculum.
- To create a special program for the youth of the State of Jharkhand to help them acquire entrepreneurial and managerial skills, manufacturing capability, career advancement training, and professional confidence.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
To strive towards the development of skilled human resources with comprehensive and modern technical skill sets in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering while adhering to Universal Human Values to serve the nation and engineering profession with distinction.
- To offer quality technical education and skill development in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- To nurture students' problem-solving abilities and familiarize them with the most recent advancements within the Electronics & Communication discipline.
- To promote interactions between industry and the institute to enhance students' employability and readiness for the workforce.
- To encourage faculty engagement in Faculty Development Programs focused on upcoming technologies within Electronics and Communication and to additionally coordinate a range of technical activities, including electronic circuitry, simulation software, and troubleshooting, for students and staff under the department's appropriate supervision.
- To facilitate partnerships with industry for internships and collaborations and update the teaching and training curriculum within the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering, emphasizing the department's key strengths.
- To develop a distinctive program that enables students to gain entrepreneurial and managerial proficiencies in the Electronics and Communication industry. This initiative is intended to merge with Universal Human Values to instill ethical values in students, thus fostering a commitment to serving the nation and the profession.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
The program in Electronics and Communication Engineering will prepare students:
PEO1: To develop expertise amongst students to understand and solve real-life problems related to Electronics and Communication Engineering by applying the knowledge acquired.
PEO2: To adapt to state-of-the-art Electronics and Communication Engineering technologies to work in multidisciplinary environments.
PEO3: To respond to the growing and changing needs of industries and academics through continuous learning of modern technologies in Electronics and Communication.
PEO4: To inculcate an attitude to work efficiently in a team with professional ethics and universal human values.
(A) PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Diploma holders of the Electronics & Communication Engineering Program will be able to:
1. Basic and Discipline-specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals and Electronics and Communication engineering to solve engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyze well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
3. Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
4. Engineering Tools, Experimentation, and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate techniques to conduct standard tests and measurements.
5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability, and environment: Apply appropriate technology in the context of society, sustainability, environment, and ethical practices.
6. Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader, to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
7. Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
(B) PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
1. Apply the knowledge acquired in basic sciences and engineering to solve electronics and communication engineering problems.
2. To develop proficiency in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of electronic equipment and appliances.
3. To develop advanced skills in various domains of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the first constituents of the University Polytechnic. The Department offers a three-year Diploma program in Electronics and Communication Engineering spanning over a period of six semesters. From its very inception in the year 2001, this Department has established itself as an efficient, self-reliant, and quality-conscious entity with the sole aim of producing the most energetic, enthusiastic, and professionally competent Electronic and Communication Engineers with the ability to take up the challenges posed to them. To fulfill this dream, the department is manned by a group of well-qualified, conscientious, and dedicated faculty and technical staff.
Electronics and Communication Engineering deals with course papers on electronic devices, circuits, and communication equipment like transmitters, receivers, and integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (for example, AM, FM, FSK, PSK ASK, DM, ADM DTH), microprocessors, embedded systems, satellite communication, microwave engineering, mobile and wireless communications, industrial electronics, electronic measurements and instrumentation.
It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The educational objectives of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department are to graduate individuals:
- They have a strong background in basic science and basic mathematics and are able to use these tools in their own engineering field.
- Able to pinpoint and define engineering problems in the fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Able to employ necessary techniques, hardware, and communication tools for modern engineering applications.
- Able to solve problems through analytical thinking in their own or related fields.
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Able to follow and contribute to the developments in their own field, recognizing the significance of lifelong learning.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Having strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering to quality.
- Able to take individual responsibility and to work as a part of a team.
|The Department offers a three-year Diploma programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering in six semesters. All programmes are accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).