About University Polytechnic
The University Polytechnic was established in 2001 as a joint venture of the Department of Welfare, Government of Jharkhand and BIT, Mesra, to impart Diploma and B. Sc (Medical Laboratory Technology) level technical education to the youths of Jharkhand. The campus of the University Polytechnic is located close to the National Highway 33 Km in the vicinity of the BIT Main campus. Spread over an area of 16 acres (64,750 m2); it is on the outskirts of Ranchi, surrounded by lush green forests.
The University Polytechnic is fully residential with three large hostels (two for boys and one for girls), accommodating about 700 students. It has twenty-five full-time faculties and an equal number of visiting faculties from different departments of BIT Mesra. It has a library 13000 books, well-equipped laboratories, a training and placement cell, NSS, Sports and games facilities.
To emerge as a leading technical training institution and serve the nation and engineering profession with distinction by developing the most skilled human resources with comprehensive and modern training and skill sets in selected engineering disciplines and trades.
- To administer a technical training institute of the highest standard of education and training commensurate with modern engineering practices.
- To offer technical diploma and certificate courses to cater to contemporary demand and relevance to the engineering industry.
- To adopt and implement a modern curriculum of technical education and training.
- To continuously upgrade the infrastructure for practical training with new and contemporary machines and methods.
- To arrange on-the-job training and internships for the students and staff members with proper supervision.
- To liaise with industry for internship and collaboration, and also for arranging periodic reviews of infrastructure and training methods and modernizing teaching and training curriculum.
- To create a special program for the youth of the State of Jharkhand to help them acquire entrepreneurial and managerial skills, manufacturing capability, career advancement training, and professional confidence.
The University Polytechnic conducts the following 3-year courses:
|B. Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)
|Diploma in Automobile Engineering (AE)
|Diploma in Computer Engineering (CE)
|Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
|Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Production (MEP)
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
The selections for admission are based only on marks obtained in the Matriculation (for Diploma) and Intermediate/ 10+2 with Science (for BMLT) Board examinations.