Birla Institute of Technology Patna Campus established department of Management in the academic year 2013 with commencement of post graduate and under graduate programme; MBA (Master of Business Administration), BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) and BBE (Bachelor of Business Economics). As of now four batches of BBA and three batches of MBA have successfully acquired the degree from the Patna campus. The intake capacity of MBA programme is 60 students and BBA programme is 100 students alienated into two sections. Master of Business Administration is two year full time and Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a three years (semester system) full time credit based program designed to set the foundation for the impending talent to develop them in acquiring industry ready managerial capacity. To meet the objective the students are primed with a range of analytical, strategic, leadership & business skills. During the first two years of the program, the students are given an overview of business strategies and basics of each functional aspects of business management. In the final year, the students are allowed to elect specialisation along with simultaneous involvement into live projects in alliance with industry under the supervision of faculty as their project mentors. In addition to above the students are required to prepare project feasibility reports in order to foster their entrepreneurial skills. The program offers ample choice of dual specialization in the areas such as: Marketing, Finance, HR, and International Business & Retail. The department of Management is equipped with adequate facilities such as well-furnished class room equipped with LCD projectors, dedicated computer lab, conference room with provision of state of the art amenities and reading room. Apart from the above dedicated facilities the department is also utilizing the centralized facility of the Institute such as well-stocked central library with extensive reading and research material, fully residential girls hostels, Dispensary, Playground, Language lab and Gymnasium.
- Case Based Teaching Pedagogy.
- Regular Guest lectures by renowned speakers from industry, academics, start-up entrepreneurs and distinguished/intellectual bureaucrats.
- Educational Excursions & Industrial visits for applied exposure.
- Personality Development Programs and Workshops by lead corporate trainers for honing soft skills and emotional intelligence.
- Industry Interface with reputed organization for upskilling according to changing needs of corporate sector.
- Regular placements support.
- Research activity is a continual process in the department. The department have received grant from UGC for one major project of an Amount of Rs.8.92 Lakhs, one minor project grant form ICSSR of Rs. 4.95 Lakhs, one minor project from DST of Rs. 2.0 Lakhs and one minor projects from NMOFP, Dept. of Industries, Govt. of Bihar of Rs. 4.0 Lakhs. All the projects have been successfully accomplished.
- The Department have organised workshop, seminars and symposium by inviting experts from industries, academician and professionals on topics such as; Finance for Non Finance executives, Workshop on Soft skill GD+PI, FDP on RM and SPSS, Symposium on Bihar Vision 2020 Industry Academia Interface, Workshop on Importance of E-Business in Technological Perspective, HR-Conclave, Workshop on Lean Management for Enhancing Productivity, Workshop on Business Simulation “Sim-Venture”, National Students Conclave-2014, Workshop on Personality, Communication Enhancement Programme, Workshop on Soft Skills and Personality Development.
- The department wield efforts for campus Placement of MBA & BBA students. The names of few companies who have visited for placement drive of MBA & BBA programme since inception are Shoppers Stop, Janlaxmi finance, My Operator, Concentrix (IBM Daksh), Godrej & Boyce, INA Solutions, Indigo, Italian International, HDFC, Ipac, Samsung Electronics and IDBI.