The Central Instrumentation Facility, equipped with high value sophisticated instruments, has been created in order to cater to the needs of different departments and for maximum utilisation of instruments. The facilities are extensively used by Post Graduate Students, Doctoral Research Scholars and Sponsored Projects for Advanced Research. This facility is also extended to External Organisations, mainly academic institutions of the region on nominal chargeable basis.
Presently, around 32 Doctoral Research Scholars from the Applied Chemistry, Applied Mechanics, Applied Physics, Biotechnology, Production Engineering, Polymer Engineering and Pharmaceutical Sciences are working regularly in the lab.
CIF facilities include:
- Electrochemical Analyser
- Gel Permeation Chromatograph
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter
- Particle size, Molecular weight and Zeta potential analyzer
- Thermo Gravimetric Analyzer
- FTIR Spectrophotometer
- Chemiluminescence Spectrophotometer
- Colour measurement system
- Element analyzer
- Pulse analyzer
- Porosity meter
- Atomic Force Microscope
- Surface Tensiometer- plate and ring drop
- Servo hydraulic dynamic tensile testing machine
- PCB Prototyping Machine
- Robotics kits
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscope
- Microwave Digestion System
- Ultraviolet – Visible Spectroscope
The facility was also utilised for training participants in several programmes that include:
- The DST – SERC School on “Science and Technology of Processing Plasma” (December 15 – 27, 2008), hosted by the Dept of Applied Physics, BIT Mesra.
- Quality Improvement Programme on “Drug Discovery Approaches” (May 4 – 16, 2009), organized by the Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Quality Improvement Programme on “Emerging Trends in Herbal Drug Technology” (May 18 – 30, 2009), organized by the Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Quality Improvement Programme on “Advances in Targeted Drug Delivery System” (June 1 – 13, 2009), organized by the Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
|Submitting samples for analysis
The various instrumental facilities at CIF, BIT, Mesra may be availed by both BIT personnel and others at nominal charges. The samples should be submitted in the prescribed format indicating the information called for as well as special requirements, if any. The samples will be registered for analysis and taken up for measurement as per the number of users for
the instrument concerned. Users have to collect the results/data either in electronic form or in hardcopy from the CIF office or through e-mail on special request.
Modes of Payment
For internal (BIT) samples the student/ faculty member has to be filled up the specific form for the instrument, which is then signed by the respective departmental head during submission of the samples. The charges are deducted from the annual research budget of the specific department or project fund (if any).
For others, the payment has to be made in the form of demand draft (DD) drawn in favour of “ BIT, Mesra, Ranchi ” from any Nationalised Bank, payable at Ranchi.Click here for Charges
For more information, please correspond in the contact details provided.
Central Instrumentation Facility (TEQIP)
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra,
Ranchi, Jharkhand 835 215
Ph- 0651-2275444 Ext. 596