"To develop quality intellectuals through education, research and motivation so that they can bring a positive contribution to society in area of Civil & Environmental Engineering"
- To develop professional skills through quality education & research.
- To outreach various sectors of society through interdisciplinary programmes and practical oriented approach.
- To create dynamic, logical and effective leaders with inspiring mindsets.
The Department of Civil Engineering was established at BIT Mesra in 1957. Civil Engineering, as a subject includes a wide range of courses on various topics from those that are of general nature to those that are of utility in daily life. Starting from building of homes and other buildings, to construction of all kinds of infrastructure facilities, the scope of civil engineering is truly massive. It offers a wide reach in bright and promising career opportunities and professional advancement. In 2014, Environmental Science & Engineering Department was merged with Civil Engineering Department, and the latter was rechristened as Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
The Department offers a B.E. in Civil Engineering and is one of the few in the country offering a course in Disaster Management with special focus on Earthquake Engineering at the undergraduate level.
The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at BIT Mesra conducts M.E./M.Tech Programmes in the following specialized disciplines:
- Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- M.Tech. in Environmental Science & Engineering
Dr. Anand Kumar Sinha
HOD, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Birla Institute of Technology
Jharkhand 835 215