Birla Institute of Technology (Deemed University u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956) is one of the premier institutes imparting education and conducting research in the fields of Engineering, Management, Architecture, Applied Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The Institute invites applications from Indian Nationals, possessing excellent academic background, commitment to quality teaching and potential in carrying out outstanding research, for Faculty positions at all levels on Regular/Deputation/Contract basis at Mesra campus, extension centres located at Allahabad, Lalpur, Deoghar, Noida, Patna, Kolkata, Jaipur and overseas centres . The Institute intends to fill up the following posts through this advertisement:
Last Date for submission of Application: - 07.07.2013
Mode of appointments: For the above posts on regular /deputation /contract basis for 5 years (likely to be confirmed subject to satisfactory performance).
Age: For the post of Assistant Professor (Sr. No.3) preferably below 35 years. The age will be calculated on the last date for receipt of applications i.e. 07.07.2013. Relaxation of age would be admissible to SC/ST/PH candidates as per rules. There will be no maximum age limit for BIT employees.
Qualification & Experience:
* Note :-
For Assistant Professor –
Candidates with ME / M. Tech or equivalent may also apply. Such candidates will normally be considered for Assistant Professor (on Contract) and will be eligible to be considered for a regular position after obtaining Ph.D. degree.
Qualified persons include
For positions at various departments with specializations, please see Annexure – I below
Annexure – I
Annexure – II
Higher starting pay and/or AGP/GP may be offered to deserving candidates based on recommendation of the selection committee.
Besides Basic Pay & Dearness Allowance, other benefits such as provident fund @12% (Employer’s contribution) on total salary, Mediclaim Insurance etc. will be admissible as per Institute rules.
Information / Instruction
(1) Candidates who are in employment with Government, Semi-Government, Autonomous Bodies, Public Undertakings, University and Educational Institutions should route their applications through proper channel.
(2) The candidate who have been awarded with a Ph. D. Degree must ensure that the awarded degree is in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of
Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009.
(3) Before applying, candidate should read the complete advertisement carefully and ensure that he/she fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria of post stated in the advertisement in all respect as on last date for receipt of applications i.e. 07.07.2013.
(4) Separate application forms along with API score card, Demand Draft, copies of certificates and testimonials as required need to be sent for different posts for candidates desirous of applying more than one post. Candidates should apply in the prescribed format only for this recruitment.
(5) The Application form on prescribed format must be accompanied with photograph, self attested copies of certificates, marks sheets, experience, research experience, publication(s) etc.
(6) Candidates will be interviewed only after scrutiny of education & experience certificate. Eligibility of a candidate with regard to qualification and experience shall be calculated/ considered with reference to the last date of the receipt for application.
(7) The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates as is found prima-facie suitable for being considered by the Screening Committee. Thus, just fulfilling the prescribed conditions would not entitle one to be called for interview.
(8) The Institute reserves the right to rectify any discrepancy of this advertisement, if found later on. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of letter of appointment, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
(9) Any corrigendum/ addendum/errata in respect of the above advertisement shall be made available only at our Institute web site www.bitmesra.ac.in. No further press advertisement will be given. Hence prospective applicants are advised to visit BITMESRA web site regularly for above purpose.
(10)The decision of BIT in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance, rejection of the application form, interview, verification of testimonials and selection will be final and binding on the candidates.
(11) The Institute may consider candidates whose areas of specialization lie outside those stated herein, provided these persons have an outstanding record.
(12) The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is Incorrect / false the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
(13) Interim correspondence will not be entertained or replied to. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding reason for not being called for interview/outcome of interview.
(14) Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
(15) Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Ranchi.
(16) The Institute will not be responsible for non-receipt of application(s) within the stipulated date due to any postal delay / loss of application / document sent in transit.
(17) Applications should be accompanied with a non-refundable demand draft of Rs. 500/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PHs and for candidates belonging to other categories a non-refundable demand draft of Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology " payable at Ranchi towards application fee. Candidates are advised to write their name and post applied for on the backside of the demand draft.
(18) The complete application form along with enclosures, Demand Draft must reach in a sealed envelope by hand or by speed post to Deputy Registrar (Estt. & Recruitment), Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215 on or before the last date for submission of application i.e. 07.07.2013. Kindly superscribe the envelop with the post applied for and the Department.
Check-list of Documents to be submitted along with the application.
1. Duly Filled in Application Form in the prescribed format along with filled in API score card.
2. Latest colour Passport size photograph
3. Attested Copies of all certificates, Mark sheets from SSC/HSC/Matriculation onwards
4. Attested copies of any other relevant certificates / testimonials
5. Attested Copies of Caste Certificates for (SC/ST), certificates for Persons with Disabilities
(PD) for PH candidate issued by the Competent Authorities, non creamy-layer certificate,
Certificate of experience for Govt employees
6. Original Demand Draft (Separate Demand Draft to be attached along with the application form
for candidates desirous of applying more than one post)
How to Apply:-
1. Prescribed application form along with filled in API score card complete in all respect along with enclosures in a sealed envelope by hand or by speed post to Deputy Registrar (Estt. & Recruitment), Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215.
2. Prescribed application form and other related information can be downloaded from the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra web site (www.bitmesra.ac.in).
Last Date for submission of Application: - 07.07.2013
Registrar, BIT Mesra